0800 085 9800
Apple pie with Dairy Custard
Back to recipes
- Divide pastry in half. Roll out half and line a large pie tin leaving a little over the edge of tin.
- Peel, core and slice the apples.
- Toss in lemon juice, then sugar and cornflour.
- Place apples into the lined tin.
- Brush the rim of the pastry with a little milk.
- Roll out the remaining pastry and cover the pie. Press down the edges and trim the excess.
- Crimp the edges and brush the top with milk.
- Sift sugar over the top, then cut a steam hole in the centre.
- Put the pie in a hot oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Mix Macphie Sweet Snow® and cinnamon together and dust the top of the pie.
- Cut into wedges.
- Heat Macphie Dairy Custard and pour over apple pie to serve.
- 500g sweet short crust pastry
- 1000g cooking apples
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 85g sugar, plus 1 tbsp to glaze
- 30g Macphie Sweet Snow®
- 5g ground cinnamon
- Macphie Dairy Custard