- Preheat your oven to 230°C (446°F) and lightly grease your baking tray.
- In a large bowl add your Macphie Scone Mix and slowly add water until mixture is fully combined. Or if you are using a beater, mix for 1 minute on first speed, scrape down, followed by 30 seconds on second speed.
- Finely chop the dried apricot and add to bowl, along with 0.5% total batter weight of ground cinnamon.
- Mix for a further 30 seconds on slow speed.
- Roll out the dough to 15mm thick on a lightly floured surface and cut dough into rounds using a 75mm cutter (to weigh 100g each) then place them on the prepared baking tray.
- Allow to rest for at least 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes at or on a hot plate for 3½ minutes each side at 200°C (392°F).
- Serve with apricot jam and whipped Macphie GlenDelight® or clotted cream.
- 1000g Macphie Scone Mix
- 420g water
- Dried apricots
- Ground cinnamon
- Macphie GlenDelight® to serve