- Mix the Macphie Softie®, flour, water and yeast for 10-15 minutes on middle speed (conventional mixer) or 2 minutes on slow speed and 6 minutes on fast speed (spiral mixer).
- The temperature of the dough should be 27°C.
- Pin out dough to 3mm.
- Mix the Macphie Filset and Macphie Béchamel with Butter Sauce to make a paste.
- Spread the bechamel mixture all over the dough.
- Make a bacon crumb garnish by shredding slices of crispy bacon into pieces.
- Sprinkle over the bacon and 250g cheese.
- Roll up the dough like a swiss roll. Then cut the dough about an inch thick up into rounds and place then into muffin tins cut side up.
- Prove for 1 hour.
- Before baking spray with Macphie Plant-based Glaze and sprinkle the buns with the 200g cheese then bake at 180°C (356°F) for 30 minutes.
- Once baked spray with Macphie Plant-based Glaze again and garnish with bacon crumb.
- 1000g flour
- 100g Macphie Softie®
- 14g dried yeast or 40g fresh yeast
- 550g water
- 10 slices of diced bacon
- 250g grated cheese
- 500g Macphie Bechamel with Butter Sauce
- 10g Macphie Filset
- 200g grated cheese
- 4 slices crispy bacon
- Macphie Plant-based Glaze