- Preheat oven to 210°C (450°F). Line baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Put Macphie Scone Mix and water, mustard & seasoning into a mixing bowl and mix for 1 minute on a slow speed. Scrape down, then mix for 1 minute on a medium speed.
- Mould dough into a ball then rest for a few minute under a piece of grease-proof paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to 15mm thick, then cut using a 75mm round cutter (to weigh 100g each). Scrap dough can be re-used but needs to be rested for a few minute before re-using.
- Transfer scones onto a baking tray, space evenly to allow for flow during baking. Leave to rest for 15 minutes before using the beaten egg to glaze.
- Sprinkle grated cheese on top on each scone.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on the top.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Storage: Store in an airtight container and best eaten on the day of baking.
- 1000g Macphie Scone Mix
- 420g cold water
- 70g grated cheese
- 3g mustard
- 1 egg beaten (to glaze)
- Salt & Pepper to taste