- Fry the peppers and onions in a hot pan until soft.
- Add the mince and garlic and cook until mince is sealed.
- Add the tomato, sugar, spices and herbs, then the Demi-Glace and stock and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the beans and add to the chilli, season and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice and soured cream.
- 500g Macphie Demi-Glace sauce
- 500g minced beef
- 400g tinned black beans
- 100g diced red pepper and onion
- 25g garlic puree
- 50g tomato puree
- 5g chilli powder
- 5g cumin
- 3g oregano
- 10g beef stock powder
- 5g sugar
- seasoning to taste