Makes 9 dozen
- Mix ingredients together for 10-15 minutes on middle speed (conventional mixer) or 2 minutes on slow speed and 6 minutes on fast speed (spiral mixer).
- The temperature of the dough should be 27°C (80°F).
- Grill chorizo to release colour and flavour.
- Add inclusions and mix on slow speed until clear.
- Deposit weight 50g each.
- Process immediately as required.
- Prove at 40°C 85% relative humidity for 45-60 minutes.
- To make up Macphie Crossing Mix add powder to cold water in machine bowl and using a beater, mix on middle speed until smooth.
- Allow batter to rest for 20-30 minutes before piping onto proved, glazed buns.
- Glaze with Macphie Plant-based Glaze then pipe cross using Macphie Crossing Mix prior to baking.
- Bake at 230-250°C (446-482°F) for 10-15 minutes.
- 3200g bakers grade bread flour
- 320g Macphie Softie®
- 125g yeast
- 1740g water
- 320g chorizo (10% chorizo on flour weight)
- Macphie Plant-based Glaze
- 100g Macphie Crossing Mix
- 85g cold water (the quantity of cold water may be varied depending on the batter consistency required)