Makes 6-8 puddings
- Combine Macphie Mississippi Muffin/Cake Mix, mixed spice, water and vegetable oil in a bowl.
- Mix for 1 minute on a slow speed, scrape down then mix on a medium speed for a further 5 minutes.
- Gently fold in mixed fruit.
- Deposit 500g of batter into a lined basin, cover and place in a steamer for approximately 2.5 – 3 hours.
- Portion and serve with Macphie Brandy Sauce.
- 1000g Macphie Mississippi Muffin/Cake Mix
- 20g mixed spice
- 425g water
- 235g vegetable oil
- 1,600g dried fruit (pre-soaked)
- Macphie Brandy Sauce