- Make up your dough by mixing together the Macphie Softie®, flour, sugar, egg, water and yeast for 10-15 minutes on middle speed (conventional mixer) or 2 minutes on slow speed and 6 minutes on fast speed (spiral mixer).
- The temperature of the dough should be 27°C (80°F).
- Pin out the dough to about 3mm and sprinkle half the dough with the filling. ingredients and spray with some water just to slightly wet the dough so when you fold it over, they stick together.
- Once you have put the ingredients on half the dough fold the dough and have the open end facing you.
- Now cut the dough into 1-inch thick strips and knot the dough and place on to a baking tray.
- Prove the knots for 1 hour.
- Bake at 180°C (356°F) for 30 minutes.
- To make the glaze bring the juice of 8 clementine’s and the 50g sugar to the boil and take off the heat to cool.
- Once baked brush with the clementine glaze.
- 1000g flour
- 100g Macphie Softie®
- 100g sugar
- 125g egg
- 375g water
- 21g dried yeast or 60g fresh yeast
- 250g demerara sugar
- 250g unsalted butter
- zest of 8 clementine’s
- 15g ground cardamom
- juice of 8 clementine’s
- 50g sugar