0800 085 9800
- Saute shallots in a heavy based casserole dish until browned , stir in crushed garlic, bacon and thyme and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, red wine and Macphie Red Wine Sauce, stirring together.
- Add chicken thighs, season to taste and bring to the boil then turn down heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add a knob of butter and serve.
- For a thicker sauce removed cooked chicken and cook sauce over a high heat until reduced, then add chicken back to the pan.
- Macphie Red Wine Sauce
- 150g chopped shallots
- 5 garlic cloves
- 150g bacon lardons
- Sprig of fresh thyme
- 350g button mushrooms
- 150ml red wine
- Skinless chicken thighs
- Knob of butter