- Preheat oven to 210°C (450°F). Line baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- Put Scone Mix and water into a mixing bowl and mix for 1 minute on a slow speed. Scrape down, add cranberries & orange zest then mix for 1 minute on a medium speed.
- Mould dough into a ball then rest for a few minutes under a piece of grease-proof paper.
- Roll out the dough to 15mm thick on a lightly floured surface and cut dough into rounds using a 75mm cutter (to weigh 100g each) then place them on the prepared baking tray. Scrap dough can be re-used but needs to be rested for a few minute before re-using.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes before using the beaten egg to glaze.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on the top.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- 1000g Macphie Scone Mix
- 420g cold water
- 150g dried cranberries
- 30g grated orange zest
- 1 egg beaten (to glaze)