0800 085 9800
Cronuts & Yum Yums
Back to recipes
- Mix dough for 2 minutes on slow & 8 minutes on fast speed on a spiral mixer.
- Sheet out to 10mm to chill/firm up.
- Cover half with chilled margarine at 10mm.
- Fold over dough to give 2 layers dough/1 layer fat.
- Give 2 book turns, then chill for at least 1 hour.
- Give further book fold then reduce to 7mm.
- For Cronuts: Cut with ring doughnut cutter to give 50g pieces.
- For Yum Yums: Cut into strips 120 x 25mm and half twist in the middle.
- Prove at 38oC (86oF) for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Fry at 190 – 195oC (375-385oF) for 2 minutes per side.
- Finish with 5th Avenue White Icing thinned with simple syrup.
- 2000g Macphie Premium Doughnut Concentrate
- 2000g bread flour
- 1680g water
- 160g yeast
- 1000g Danish Pastry Margarine
- 5th Avenue® White Icing