Cronuts & Yum Yums
Back to recipes
- Mix dough for 2 minutes on slow & 8 minutes on fast speed on a spiral mixer.
- Sheet out to 10mm to chill/firm up.
- Cover half with chilled margarine at 10mm.
- Fold over dough to give 2 layers dough / 1 layer fat.
- Give 2 book turns, then chill for at least 1 hour.
- Give further book fold then reduce to 7mm.
- For Cronuts: Cut with ring doughnut cutter to give 50g pieces.
- For Yum Yums: Cut into strips 120 x 25mm and half twist in the middle.
- Prove at 38oC (86F) for 30-40 mins approx.
- Fry at 190 – 195oC (375-385F) for 2 mins per side
- Finish with 5th Avenue white icing thinned with simple syrup
- 2.000kg Macphie Premium Fermented Doughnut Concentrate
- 2.000kg Bread Flour
- 1.680kg Water
- 0.160kg Yeast
- 1.000kg Danish Pastry Margarine