- Shallow fry the onions in oil for five minutes or until starting to blacken then add the garlic, thyme and sugar and keep frying until onions are soft.
- Add the wine and tomato and reduce by half.
- Add the Macphie Demi-Glace and stock and simmer for five minutes, season and pour into soup bowl.
- Top with slice of baguette, mix cheese and Macphie Bechamel with Butter Sauce together and top the bread then toast until melted and starting to brown then serve.
- 1litre Macphie Demi-Glace sauce
- 25g oil
- 1kg sliced onions
- 25g garlic puree
- 150g white wine
- 10g beef stock powder
- 25g tomato puree
- 15g sugar
- 4 slices baguette
- 3g thyme
- 100g Gruyère cheese
- 50g Macphie Bechamel with Butter