- Preheat oven to 210°C (450°F). Line baking tray with grease-proof paper.
- In a large bowl add your Macphie Scone Mix and slowly add water until mixture is fully combined then fold in sultanas. Or if you are using a beater, mix for 1 minute on a slow speed. Scrape down, add sultanas then mix for 1 minute on a medium speed.
- Mould dough into a ball then rest for a few minutes under a piece of grease-proof paper.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough out to 15mm thick on a lightly floured surface, then cut using a 75mm round cutter. Scrap dough can be re-used but needs to be rested for a few minute before re-using.
- Transfer scones onto a baking tray, space evenly to allow for flow during baking. Leave to rest for 15 minutes before using the beaten egg to glaze.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown and sound hollow when tapped on the top.
- Allow to cool before serving. Enjoy with jam & clotted cream.
- 1000g Macphie Scone Mix
- 420g cold water
- 280g sultanas
- 1 egg beaten (to glaze)