- Preheat oven to 160ºC (320ºF). Lightly grease a 2lb loaf cake tin and line with grease-proof paper at the bottom.
- Add water and oil to the Macphie Lemon Cake Sensation® Mix into a mixer fitted with a beater.
- Mix for 1 minute on slow speed then scrape down and mix for a further 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Reduce to slow speed and mix for a final minute.
- Deposit into a baking tin and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- When cool, heat 50g of Macphie 5th Avenue White Icing to 45oC in a plastic container in a microwave or bain-marie. Add 15g of hot water and mix until smooth. Using a pastry brush apply a generous coating of the icing to the top of the cake, then leave to cool before slicing.
- 500g Macphie Lemon Sensation®
- 175g water
- 135g vegetable oil
- Lemon juice
- Macphie 5th Avenue® White Icing