- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Lightly grease a 2lb loaf cake tin and line with grease-proof paper at the bottom
- Add water and oil to Lemon Cake Sensation Mix/Homebake Lemon Sensation Mix into a mixer fitted with a beater
- Mix for 1 minute on slow speed then scrape down and mix for a further 2 minutes on medium speed
- Reduce to slow speed and mix for a final minute
- Deposit into a baking tin and bake for 40-50 minutes
- Once cool, drizzle with lemon juice mixed with thinned 5th Avenue® White Icing
When cool, heat 50g of Macphie 5th Avenue White Icing to 45oC in a plastic container in a microwave or bain-marie. Add 15g of hot water and mix until smooth. Using a pastry brush apply a generous coating of the icing to the top of the cake, then leave to cool before slicing.