1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over
a medium heat and gently fry the chopped
onion, garlic, carrots and celery for 5-10
minutes until softened.
2. Add the remaining ingredients except for the
lentils and chives season to taste with salt
and freshly ground black pepper. Bring to a
simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables
are tender and the sauce has reduced. Stir
the lentils and chives into the sauce.
3. Mash the potatoes for the topping.
4. Spoon the lentil mixture into a medium pie
dish and top with the potatoes.
5. Place the dish onto a baking sheet and bake
the pie for 25-30 minutes, or until the potato
is golden brown.
- 1ltr Macphie Red Wine Sauce
- 650g chopped tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- 30g garlic
- 400g carrot, finely chopped
- 400g celery, finely chopped
- 2tbsps tomato puree
- 1.3kg puy lentils (cooked)
- 1tsp tabasco
- Sprig thyme
- Sprig rosemary
- Olive oil