0800 085 9800
Matcha sourdough doughnuts
Back to recipes
- Place all ingredients (apart from 5th Avenue® White Icing) into a spiral mixer and mix on 1st speed for 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the bowl and mix on 2nd speed for 4 minutes.
- Remove from bowl and chaff up.
- Sheet out using a brake to desired thickness and cut using a ring cutter.
- Place in prover for around 60 minutes.
- Remove and let it rest for 10 minutes to form a skin.
- Fry at 375°C (705°F) for 90 seconds each side.
- Once cooled, apply Macphie 5th Avenue® White Icing with the addition of 1% of matcha green tea powder to the weight of the icing or dust with a blend of Macphie Sweet Snow® and matcha green tea.
- Tip: You can also cut the doughnuts in half and sandwich with a blend of Macphie Mactop® Traditional and matcha green tea.
- 2000g Sourdough Mix
- 200g caster sugar
- 40g shortening
- 5g baking powder
- 1000g water
- 50g yeast
- Macphie 5th Avenue® White Icing
- Macphie Sweet Snow®
- Mapchie Mactop® Traditional