0800 085 9800
Orange Zest & Cardamom Cookies
Back to recipes
- Place the Macphie Soft & Chewy Cookie Mix in a machine bowl fitted with a beater.
- Add water gradually while mixing on 1st speed. (The water should be tempered to give a final dough temperature of 18-20°C).
- Continue mixing on 1st speed for a further 1½ minutes or until the dough has bound together.
- Add in 1% batter weight of ground cardamom and 1% batter weight of orange zest to mix through briefly.
- Using hands, roll dough into a cylinder and then roll in the Macphie Flapjack Mix.
- Slice into discs and place on a baking tray; allow room for spreading during baking.
- Bake at 170°C (350°F) for 14-16 minutes.
- Be careful not to over bake. The baked cookies should be soft in the centre when leaving the oven to give a soft moist chewy eating cookie when cooled.
- 1000g Macphie Soft & Chewy Cookie Mix
- 112g water
- Ground cardamom
- Orange zest
- Macphie Flapjack Mix