0800 085 9800
Polenta cakes with mushroom & truffle hollandaise
Back to recipes
- Cook polenta according to packet instructions. Once ready, pour onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper and leave to cool, until the polenta becomes a solid block.
- Using a round pastry cutter, cut out circles of polenta from the block.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and transfer the polenta rounds to the pan. Fry on both sides until crisp and golden-brown.
- Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan. When foaming, add the mushrooms and cook quickly, then drain and keep hot
- Place Macphie Hollandaise Sauce in a pan to heat. Add truffle salt and stir in.
- Divide the crispy polenta between warm plates, scatter over the mushrooms and spoon over the sauce.
- Top with watercress to serve.
- 25g olive oil
- 100g polenta
- 50g wild mushrooms (preferably chanterelles, torn up if large)
- 150g Macphie Hollandaise Sauce
- 5g truffle salt or truffle oil