0800 085 9800
Pulled Beef & Red Wine Chilli con Carne
Back to recipes
- Cut the beef into 2 equal pieces and season with salt & pepper, heat a pan and seal in some oil untill golden brown.
- Place the beef on a roasting tray pour in about an inch of water, foil and place in and oven at 150oC (300oF)and slow cook for up to 4/6 hours (or until beef is tender).
- After this time the beef should be very tender (if not return to the oven and cook further), take 2 forks and pull the beef until it is fully shredded.
- In a separate pan fry the onions, peppers and garlic then add the spice and herbs.
- Add the Macphie Red Wine Sauce and puree to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the kidney beans, and pulled beef to the sauce and simmer for 10 mins.
- Adjust the seasoning and heat level as required.
- Serve with rice and fried tortillas.
- 1.5kg piece beef chuck
- 20g oil
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 5g smoked paprika
- 5g ground cumin
- 7g dried oregano
- 4g chilli powder (or to taste)
- 400g red kidney beans (tinned)
- 1ltr Macphie Red Wine Sauce
- 10g tomato puree
- Salt & black pepper to taste