0800 085 9800
Red Velvet Celebration Cake
Back to recipes
- Add Macphie Velvet Cake Mix to eggs in a mixer fitted with the beater.
- Mix on 1st speed for 1 minute followed by 3 minutes on 2nd speed.
- Add the oil and water and mix on 1st speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape down bowl then mix for a further 3 minutes on 1st speed.
- Deposit 900g batter into 9” round tin and bake at 180ºC (360ºF) for approximately 45 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Slice cake in two across the middle.
- Fill with Macphie Vanilla Rainbow Frosting and sandwich together.
- Spread Macphie Vanilla Rainbow Frosting on top and sides of cake with a palette knife.
- Finish with cherries or other decorations.
- 1000g Macphie Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 340g eggs
- 280g oil
- 208g water
- Macphie Vanilla Rainbow Frosting