0800 085 9800
Cherry Bakewell seeded cake
Back to recipes
- Add Macphie Cherry Bakewell Sensation® Mix to a machine bowl fitted with a beater.
- On 1st speed slowly add the water and oil and mix for 1 minute.
- Scrape down and continue mixing for a further 2 minutes on 2nd speed.
- Add seeds at 10% of batter weight.
- Reduce to 1st speed and mix for a final 1 minute.
- Deposit in 6” (400g) or 8” (525g) cake tins.
- Sprinkle the top with seeds and chopped glace cherries.
- Bake at 160°C (320°F) for 50 – 60 minutes.
- 1kg Macphie Cherry Bakewell Sensations® Mix
- 425g cold water
- 235g vegetable oil
- Mixed seeds