0800 085 9800
- Place Country Cake Mix, water, oil, mixed spice and caramel colour into mixing bowl fitted with beater.
- Mix on 1st speed for 1 minute, followed by 6 minutes on 2nd speed.
- Gently blend in sultanas, currents, cherries and zest.
- Deposit 1kg of batter into greased and lined cake tin.
- Bake at 185°C (370°F) for approximately 2 hours and 10 minutes until well risen and firm to touch (if browning to fast, cover with foil)
- Allow to cool in tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire rack.
- Once cool, spread with warmed apricot jam, a layer of marzipan, 11 marzipan balls and dust with Sweet Snow®, make a criss-cross pattern with a knife, use a blow torch to colour marzipan.
- 1000g Macphie Country Cake Mix
- 400g Water
- 10g Mixed Spice
- 5g Caramel Colour
- 200g Sultanas
- 100g Currants
- 100g Glacé Cherries (quartered)
- Grated zest of 2 Lemons & 2 Oranges
- Apricot Jam (warmed)
- Yellow Marzipan
- Sweet Snow®
- 200g Oil