0800 085 9800
Simple jam-filled doughnuts
Back to recipes
- Use water tempered to give a final dough temperature of 28ºC (82ºF).
- Mix Macphie Premium Doughnut Mix, bread flour, yeast and water together.
- Mixing Time: Conventional Mixer: 10-15 minutes on middle speed, Spiral Mixer: 2 minutes on slow and 8 minutes on fast speed or high speed mixer: 2-3 minutes (11 watt hours per kg of dough).
- Scale dough pieces at 50g each (approx.).
- Proof at 38ºC (100ºF) 75-80% R.H. for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Fry at ¾ proof. Remove doughnuts from prover 5-10 minutes before frying to allow a dry skin to form.
- For a 50g (1¾oz) unit fry 190-195ºC (375-385ºF) for 90 seconds per side.
- Inject with fruit preserves and coat in Macphie Sweet Snow®. We used strawberry jam, orange marmalade and lemon curd.
- 1000g Macphie Premium Fermented Doughnut Mix
- 1000g bread flour
- 80g yeast
- 840g water
- Macphie Sweet Snow®
- Lemon curd
- Strawberry jam
- Orange marmalade