0800 085 9800
S’mores doughnut selection
Back to recipes
- Use water tempered to give a final dough temperature of 28oC (82oF).
- Mixing time:
- conventional mixer: 10-15 minutes on middle speed.
- spiral mixer: 2 minutes on slow and 8 minutes on fast speed.
- high speed mixer: 2-3 minutes (11 watt hours per kg of dough).
- Scale dough pieces at approximately 50g each
- Proof at 38oC (100 oF) 75-80% R.H. for approximately 30-40 minutes.
- Fry at ¾ proof. Remove doughnuts from prover 5-10 minutes before frying to allow a dry skin to form
- For a 50g doughnut, fry at 190-195 oC (375-385oF) for 90 seconds per side.
- Once cool, fill or top with mallow and finish with 5th avenue icings and speculoos biscuit crumbs. Flame the mallow topping using a blow torch for a toasted mallow flavour.
- 1000g Macphie Premium Doughnut Concentrate
- 1000g bread flour
- 80g yeast
- 840g water
- Macphie Mallow
- 5th Avenue Icings (dark chocolate, caramel)
- Speculoos biscuit crumbs