0800 085 9800
Back to recipes
- Place the mix, yeast and 1200g of cold water in a dough mixer (required dough temperature 22°C).
- For a spiral mixer give 2 minutes slow then 4 minutes fast (approx.), to develop a standard type bread dough.
- Add the remaining 200g of water and continue mixing for another 2 minutes on 2nd speed until all water is absorbed and the dough is soft and smooth.
- Remove the soft dough from the mixer, place in an oiled container and cover to prevent skinning.
- Allow to ferment at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Tip dough out onto a floured table (it should have risen noticeably whilst resting).
- Divide gently into required size (350g is ideal for a speciality loaf/baguette).
- Ball up gently and rest for 5 minutes.
- Mould into final shape gently and place on a baking tray heavily dusted with rice flour and normal white flour.
- Allow to rest/prove at room temperature for a further 60 minutes making sure that the dough pieces are not allowed to skin (use a rack cover/draught free cupboard).
- After this rest, time turn the dough pieces over and cut as required before putting in the oven.
- Bake at 240°C (450°F) for 15 minutes with initial steam. Allow the steam to escape (open the door/damper) and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- 2000g Sourdough Mix
- 1400g water
- 50g yeast