- Soak the chopped dates in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Add water and oil to Macphie Mississippi Toffee Muffin Mix in a mixer fitted with a beater and mix on slow speed for 1 minute.
- Scrape down and beat for a further 6 minutes on medium speed.
- Strain the chopped dates and gently fold into the batter.
- Deposit 120g of batter into pudding basins (3/4 full), place in steamer for 45-60 minutes, or bake at 185°C for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with a generous helping of warmed Macphie Toffee Sauce.
- 1 Litre Macphie Toffee Sauce
- 1000g Macphie Mississippi Toffee Muffin Mix
- 400g Chopped Dates
- 425g Water
- 235g Oil