Back to recipes
- To make pastry base: Place Macphie Shortbread Mix and softened butter into a mixer.
- Mix on slow speed until a stiff dough is formed.
- Pin out on a well floured surface until it is approximately 0.5-0.75mm thick.
- Lightly grease individual flan cases and line with pastry.
- Blind bake at 180ºC (360ºF) for 15-20 minutes until they are firm and golden.
- To make custard: Put water in a bowl and blend in Swiscrem Dual on 1st speed for 1 minute.
- Mix on 2nd speed for at least 3 minutes until thoroughly blended.
- Leave pastry cases to cool then half fill with custard.
- Place fresh strawberry halves on top in a circular pattern.
- If desired, glaze with apricot gel or raspberry tart jelly.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 1kg Macphie Shortbread Mix
- 360g Softened Butter
- 1kg Swiscrem Dual
- 3kg Water
- Small Strawberries - washed, hulled and cut in half
- Raspberry Jelly or Apricot Gel - if desired