Makes 10 portions
- Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F). Lightly grease a 2lb loaf cake tin and line with grease-proof paper.
- Add water, vegetable oil and black treacle to Macphie Mississippi Muffin/Cake Mix into a mixing bowl with a beater fitted.
- Mix for 1 minute on slow speed, scrape down, then 6 minutes on medium speed.
- Blend in the mixed fruit and glacé cherries on slow speed.
- Deposit all the batter into the loaf cake tin.
- Place into pre-heated oven and bake for 60-70 minutes.
- Leave in tin to cool for 10 minutes then turn out completely.
- Slice and serve with butter.
- 500g Macphie Mississippi Muffin/Cake Mix
- 500g sultanas
- 215g water
- 200g currants
- 120g vegetable oil
- 60g chopped glacé cherries
- 50g flaked almonds
- 40g black treacle