Toad in the Hole
Back to recipes
- To make the Yorkshire Puddings – Mix plain flour with seasoning in a bowl.
- Whisk in eggs then gradually pour in milk, mixing slowly to prevent lumps forming.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Make 2 large individual Yorkshire puddings by putting batter in a preheated and oil filled 6” pudding tin and cook for 20-25 minutes at 220ºC (440ºF).
- Turn the oven down to 190ºC (380ºF) and cook for 10 minutes to set the bottom of the puddings.
- To make the filling – Finely slice onion and sauté in butter until golden brown.
- Add chicken or beef stock and simmer until the onions are tender, add Macphie Red Wine Sauce and keep warm.
- Place 3 sausages in each pudding, cover with onion and Red Wine Sauce.
- Serve piping hot.
- 160g Plain Flour
- 180ml Milk
- 1 Onion
- 100g Chicken or Beef Stock
- 300ml Macphie Red Wine Sauce