- Fry the onions and mushrooms in a pan until cooked.
- Add the Macphie Béchamel with Butter Sauce, tomato, stock and peppercorns and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stilton, season and allow mixture to cool.
- Roll out the pastry to cover pie basin.
- Put cooled mixture into pie dish and top with pastry, score and brush the pastry lid with egg wash and bake at 180°C (360°F) for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
- 250g Macphie Béchamel with Butter Sauce
- 300g shortcrust pastry
- 50g onion
- 50g oil
- 500g mushroom halves
- 25g tomato puree
- 200g grated stilton cheese
- 25g green peppercorns in brine
- 15g vegetable stock powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- seasoning, to taste