Are you a creative and well-organised person with a passion for food? We may have the job for you.
We are looking for a process development technologist to join the Macphie team at Glenbervie. In this role you will be taking responsibility of new products from the development kitchen to the production line, for making sure that new products make a smooth transition from trial and testing stages to full production.
Below are some of the tasks required in this role (full job description is available upon request):
- Progressing, monitoring and reporting of assigned process design projects: set up, supervise, report factory trials
- Review and optimise current operations to reduce costs, improve safety and improve quality
- Assess impact of new equipment, raw materials, methods of manufacture, packaging etc.
- Support commissioning of new equipment
- Set up and communicate reprocessing materials and products as required
- Review current operations with a view to optimize, improve efficiency and deliver continuous improvement
- Enhance product quality through process modifications, line changes, process control amendments or new equipment introduction
- Liaison with planning, purchasing, stock control, production and QC for arranging factory trials
- Carry out product design work as required
- Share learning with Operations staff during scale up from pilot to factory
This opportunity will be well suited to someone who enjoys a hands-on approach to work and can demonstrate a passion for our industry as well as an enthusiasm to learn with a healthy dose of curiosity. You will have a natural aptitude for problem solving and a first-class ability for planning, organising and communicating.
The desirable candidate has:
A food technology or related qualification
- 0-4 years experience in a similar role for a food manufacturing business.
- Excellent computer skills
- Good communication skills- both in written and verbal formats
- An enthusiastic and proactive approach to work
- Full UK driving licence
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or message us for more information.