We currently have an excellent opportunity within our product team for a full-time product designer, based at our headquarters in Glenbervie, Aberdeenshire.
At Macphie we are looking for self-motivated people who are passionate about food to help us achieve our ambitious growth plans and build on our successful brand. The role of product designer will allow you to use your creative flair and enthusiasm to develop new products or improve existing products in line with an agreed brief.
You will work in conjunction with a customer account team to agree design specifications and timelines and then take the lead on developing products to meet design criteria and commercial cost targets.
The individual; a recipe for success
- Hold a degree in food science, food technology or equivalent
- Industry experience in end to end product development, from initial brief right through to launch
- Technical knowledge of food and functional ingredients across ambient stable, bakery & frozen categories would be an advantage
- Passion for creative product development
- Hands on approach – creating recipes and taking them from concept to scale up
- Strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment
- Show high levels of proactivity, enthusiasm, and a desire to drive results whilst keeping our customers at the heart of everything that we do
- Previous experience with using recipe development systems (e.g. Hamilton & Grant) and ERP systems (e.g. IFS) desirable
What else do I need to know?
- May require working outside of normal business hours to support factory trials
- Occasional travel may be required to support customers
- Position will be based at our site in Glenbervie, Aberdeenshire
If you would like more information or would like to apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com