We are currently looking for three production operatives to join the team. The successful candidates will work on a shift rotation. The shift will depend on the department within the business and flexibility is required.
If you are a motivated and dedicated individual looking for a new challenge, we would like you to apply for one of these roles.
The role of production operative
- Assist in the manufacture of food products to the established standards of safety, output, quality and hygiene
- Work safely at all times in accordance with company Health & Safety policies, procedures, practices and legislation to correctly prepare packaging for food products with respect to container, label and coding
- Carry out cleaning schedules in the production and packaging area ensuring a very high standard of hygiene / sanitation is achieved, in addition, placing emphasis on the factory’s clean-as-you-go policy
- Store, feed, mix, blend, extrude, freeze and package food products as appropriate, ensuring high standards of good manufacturing practice
- Pack/metal detect, inspect, products and established standards of weight control
- Palletise, wrap and label finished goods as required
- Complete to the established standard all relevant process / food safety documentation
- Flexible in relieving other departments as required in relation to manpower deployment, holiday and absence cover
- Ensure food safety, legality and quality requirements are met at all times
The individual: skills, experience and qualifications
Experience in a similar role, preferably within a food production/distribution environment and previous exposure to manual handling practices is ideal, although this is not essential.
Further skills required include:
- Work as a team player
- Is professional, positive and enthusiastic
- Has integrity, initiative and focus
- Able to self-manage and work independently when necessary
- Able to think, communicate and present information effectively
- Performs well under pressure
- Able to use a computer and IT equipment proficiently
If interested in one of our available roles, please submit your CV along with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please clearly indicate in the subject header the position that you are applying for.