If you’re seeking a new challenge in your career and would like to join us in making a difference, we would like you to apply for a new vacancy within our quality department for a full-time QC Analyst. The successful candidate will work in our Glenbervie site on a shift pattern (40 hours per week) in line with our production areas. This shift pattern is to be confirmed.
The successful applicant will work closely with operations ensuring product safety at all times. Responsibilities will include:
- To complete all relevant standard/routine QC testing of finished/factored goods and raw materials as detailed in IFS computer system
- To ensure all computer transactions and written records are updated promptly and efficiently following standard/routine QC testing
- To carry out required calibrations for measuring equipment used in production factory areas and all other relevant areas
- To carry out routine hygiene testing as required
- Release of finished goods, raw materials, factored goods that are within specification, as appropriate
- Provide shift cover in lab areas during holidays and as agreed
- Ensure that all necessary computer transactions/administration are completed efficiently, maintaining complete and accurate up to date records
- Assist with the sampling, logging, and sending of raw materials/products for external analysis
- Assess the suitability of returned goods, goods damaged on site and authorize their disposition, following prior consultation with the QC Team Leader/QC Co-Ordinator, as necessary
- To ensure that all measuring, recording equipment used are within effective calibration dates, assisting with internal and external calibration of test and measuring equipment as required
- To ensure hygiene standards are maintained in all production areas and that the ready-to-eat production facility is inspected and passed before production can commence
- Complete any other reasonable duties as assigned by the QC Team Leader treating this work as a priority over work from other areas
- To carry out routine hygiene testing as required in consultation with the QC Team leader, recording results accordingly
- Always work safely in accordance with company Health & Safety policies, procedures, practices, and legislation
The successful candidate will be a motivated and resourceful individual who displays a positive attitude and the ability to work effectively as part of a small team. You will possess excellent communication skills as well as being able to demonstrate initiative. A methodical approach to work and the desire to pay great attention to detail is also essential.
A good level of literacy, numeracy and IT skills are also required for this role.
If you would like to apply for this exciting role, please send a full CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org