Macphie is looking for an environmental and energy specialist to co-ordinate the environmental department. This role requires the post holder to be flexible, work on their own initiative and have excellent organisational skills.
Primary job responsibilities
As a graduate in an environmental and/or energy discipline you will be leading the sustainability agenda to ensure compliance with applicable environmental and energy legislation.
As an employer with a leading environmental track record, we are looking for someone to continue our journey and take our business to the next level in terms of our Net Zero journey.
Responsibilities will include:
• You will work on diverse projects that may vary from decarbonisation pathways for industry and heat, net-zero model opportunities, hydrogen fuel assessments, augmenting our renewable journey
• You will be responsible for co-ordinating data gathering and analysis, industry research, writing reports, and presenting your proposals to the team
• In this role you will learn, be challenged, and develop skills at a fast pace
• In addition to hands-on experience, formal training programmes will teach you the diverse skills you need to succeed
• Conducting energy and environmental audits of our manufacturing facilities
• Identification of key environmental and energy legislation
• Identification of significant environmental impacts for our projects
• Identification of energy saving opportunities for our manufacturing activities
• Champion our B Corp certification programme tailored to our business
Here’s what we’re looking for:
• University degree with a focus on (energy) economics, (energy) business management, engineering, science, or equivalent experience
• Work experience in Environmental and Energy Management Systems
• Excellent data handling skills
• IT Literacy
• Good communication skills both written and oral.
• Pro-active and forward thinking
• Ability to multi-task
• Preferred first knowledge of power or gas supply systems, grid infrastructure, grid integration of decentralised sources, digitalisation of the energy sector and/or power markets
• 1-3 years working experience in related fields
• Passion for sustainability, innovation and personal development.
• A team-player who demonstrates the willingness and ability to work effectively in teams and collaborate with colleagues at all levels
• A critical thinker with a strong eye for detail and creative in problem solving
• You are familiar with one or more elements of the electricity and gas value chains
• Able to show a working knowledge of data collection, organisational and analytical skills
• Able to work on multiple projects and show a good understanding of the project objectives and project expectations
• Comfortable communicating and willing to be coached in presenting to colleagues
• B Corp understanding /proven experience.
• A strong curiosity, and/or experience, in a relevant industry topic such as: sustainability, the hydrogen economy, advanced energy technologies, renewable energy, distributed generation, electricity generation, power / or gas