Cream alternatives are far more stable than dairy cream during hot weather and the Macphie range of dairy cream alternatives can be safely stored at ambient storage (<20°C).
On a hot summer’s day air temperatures can reach over 30ºC (86ºF). In these temperatures it can take up to 48 hours for a single 10 litre cream box to cool down in a fridge and it can take up to 7 days for the core of a pallet to reach the recommended whipping temperature.
For the optimum performance from your Macphie dairy cream alternative, we recommend that you:
- Store unopened units in a cool, dry place (<20ºC)
- Prolonged storage at over 20ºC may impair performance
- Chill the standard range of dairy cream alternatives for at least 24 hours prior to use until temperature is 2 – 10ºC
- Chill the non-hydrogenated range of dairy cream alternatives for at least 24 hours prior to use until temperature is 2 – 6ºC
- Ensure all equipment is thoroughly clean, dry and cool
- Fill the bowl to 1/6th of its capacity
Taking the complexity out of using fresh cream, the dairy cream alternative range comes with all the flavour and none of the hassle. For use in sweet desserts, cakes and savoury dishes, they’re a useful ally in the kitchen and their extended shelf life helps reduce waste. The most recent addition to the dairy cream alternative family is Plant-based Cream Alternative which is perfect as a topping or filling and can be used to give cold drinks an indulgent finish (and hot drinks when the weather is right!).
Enjoy the summer from all of us at Macphie.