200g Macphie Plant-Based Cheese Sauce
800g hot vegan vegetable stock
100g white wine
80g chopped onion
10g olive oil
250g risotto rice
40g vegan parmesan
200g soya milk
200g panko bread crumbs
- In a hot pan add the oil then onion and fry until softened (not browned).
- Add the garlic and rice and fry until rice looks slightly translucent.
- Add the wine and allow to reduce until almost fully gone.
- Slowly add the stock a ladle at a time – ensure the liquid is absorbed before adding the next ladle.
- After all the stock is used then add the Macphie Plant-based Cheese Sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Place risotto into a tub, allow to cool then refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Portion into 50g cubes then roll each cube into balls.
- Refrigerate for another 30 mins.
- Dip a ball into the soya milk and then coat with panko breadcrumbs then repeat this action again (double dip).
- Repeat this process for each risotto ball then refrigerate again for 15 minutes.
- Heat the fryer to 180ºC (356ºF).
- Fry each ball for about 5 minutes or until a nice golden colour and core temperature is achieved.