Apple & Cider Loaf Cake
1000g Macphie Country Cake Mix
10g mixed spice
500g chopped tinned apples
200g Somerset Cider
Macphie 5th Avenue® White Icing
- Add Macphie Country Cake Mix, mixed spice, water and oil to a mixer and mix for 1 minute on 1st speed.
- Mix for 6 minutes on 2nd speed.
- Add sultanas (soaked in Somerset cider overnight or for at least 4 hours), apples and mix for a further minute.
- Deposit 500g batter into paper cases in loaf tins and bake at 185°C (365°F) for 60 minutes.
- Spin with Macphie 5th Avenue® White Icing once cooked.