- Macphie Panna Cotta
- 500g seedless black cherries
- 10g gold gelatine leaf
- 250g caster sugar
- 500g water
- Bring water to the boil and then add 100g of cherries and the sugar.
- Mix well for about 2 minutes trying to crush the cherries to extract as much colour and flavour as you can.
- Remove from heat.
- After liquid cools for about 2 minutes pour through a strainer to remove all the crushed cherry.
- Bloom the gelatine and then add to the liquid, stirring to ensure it dissolves completely.
- Pour the remaining cherries into a lined terrine followed by the jelly mixture. Shake to ensure the mixture is level.
- Freeze or refrigerate until product is fully set (approximately 4 hours refrigerated).
- Heat Macphie Panna Cotta mix in a pan, allow to come to the boil for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to approximately 35°C.
- Remove jelly from the fridge and pour the cool Panna Cotta mix over the top.
- Place back in the fridge for a further 2 hours before turning out and serving.