Method Makes 8 dozen
- Mix in a conventional mixer on middle speed for 15-20 minutes or in a spiral mixer for 3 minutes on slow speed and 8-10 minutes until dough is formed.
- The temperature of the dough should be 27°C (80°F).
- Add any fruit required and mix through on slow speed.
- Process dough immediately as required.
- Deposit weight 50g each.
- Prove at 40°C, 85% relative humidity for 60 minutes.
- Make up crossing mix (mix 600g strong flour, 120g soya flour, 60g cornflour and 800g water together and blend until pipeble) & allow the crossing mix to rest for 20-30 mins prior to piping onto buns.
- Glaze then pipe cross prior to baking.
- Bake at 230-250°C for 10-15 minutes.