Method Makes 12 portions
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and grease a line a 23cm loose bottomed cake tin.
- With a hand or stand-up mixer, beat the Macphie Vegan Chocolate Muffin & Cake Mix with the water and oil until combined, scrape down the sides and then beat again on a medium speed for 6 minutes.
- Once the cake mix is fully combined, pour it into the lined tin and spread evenly with a spatula. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check the centre with a skewer to see if it comes out clean. Once cooked, leave to cool completely.
- To make the mousse, heat the chocolate callets and half of the Macphie Plant-based Cream Alternative in a microwavable bowl in 20 second bursts mixing between each heat. Continue until the chocolate has melted and you have a smooth warm ganache. Leave to cool slightly.
- In two separate bowls, whip the remaining half of the plant-based cream in one and the chickpea water to stiff peaks in the other. Gently fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mix, one spoon at a time. Then do the same with the chickpea water until you have a smooth airy mix being careful to keep the air bubbles - use a metal spoon!
- Pour the mousse on top of the cooled cake base, spread evenly and give it a little tap on the work top to ensure there are no big air pockets. Set the mousse in the fridge for 3-4hrs. To remove the cake from the tin run a hot knife around the inside edge and push up from the bottom carefully. Slice with a hot wet knife and serve.