Strong flour 2000g
Cold water 1000g
Butter or pastry margarine 1500g
- Place all ingredients (except butter or pastry margarine) into a spiral mixer for 2 minutes on slow speed and 4 minutes on fast speed, rest dough for 5 minutes.
- Pin out dough to a rectangle 1/2” thick, spread the butter onto 2/3 of the dough. Fold the uncovered 1/3 of the dough and then the remaining of the 1/3 to give 3 layers of dough with butter in between the dough.
- Pin out the dough to ½” thick and fold as before.
- Repeat this process another 2 times – the dough can be refrigerated at this point if desired.
- Pin out the dough to 1/8” thick and cut into equal sized squares.
- Wet dough with a little water and fold each corner into the centre.
- Prove at 38°C (100°F) for 30-45 approximately minutes.
- After proving pipe desired filling into centre and glaze if desired.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 225°C (440°F).