- 1 litre Macphie Béchamel with Butter Sauce
- 150ml chicken stock
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 8 large King Edward or Maris Piper potatoes
- 100g grated Gruyère cheese (optional)
Method Makes 8 portions
- Heat fan assisted oven to 170°C.
- Pour 1 litre of Macphie Béchamel with Butter Sauce into a large saucepan and add 3 garlic cloves and the thyme.
- Bring to a simmer to allow flavours to infuse.
- Thinly slice the potatoes, about 3-4mm by hand or with a mandolin.
- Place the potatoes in a shallow 5cm deep oven proof tray.
- Pour over the infused liquid – just enough to seep through the layers and leave a little moisture on the surface.
- Scatter over 100g grated Gruyère cheese, then bake for 45 minutes until the potatoes are soft and browned – increase the heat for 5 minutes if not brown enough.