- 2000g strong flour
- 200g Macphie Spice Bun Concentrate
- 200g caster sugar
- 150g yeast
- 1020g water
- 1200g sultanas
- 600g currants
- 200g mixed peel
- Simple syrup
Method Makes 11 loaves
- Mix in a conventional mixer on middle speed for 15-20 minutes or in a spiral mixer for 2 minutes on slow speed and 4 minutes until dough is formed.
- Add sultanas, currants and mixed peel to the developed dough and mix on first speed only until they are evenly distributed through the dough. Be careful not to over mix.
- Divide the dough into 80g pieces and mould. Place six dough pieces into a prepared 1lb loaf tin and proof for 45 minutes at 36°C/85%H.
- Make up crossing mix (mix 600g strong flour, 120g soya flour, 60g cornflour and 800g water together and blend until pipeble) & allow the crossing mix to rest for 20-30 mins prior to piping onto buns.
- Once the dough has proofed, pipe crosses on top of the loaves using the above mixture.
- The loaves are now ready to be put in the oven at 220°C for 20-25 minutes.
- Once baked, brush the tops with simple syrup to give a nice shine.