- 1000g strong flour
- 325g Macphie Superdough
- 75g yeast
- 500g water
- Raw egg (coloured with food colouring)
- Coloured sprinkles
- Simple syrup
Method Makes 19 portions
- Mix in a conventional mixer on middle speed for 15-20 minutes.
- If using a spiral mixer, mix for three minutes on slow speed then 8-10 minutes until dough is formed.
- Proof dough for 45 minutes at 36°C/85%H.
- Divide dough into two 100g pieces and roll out into long sausage shapes then plait them together. Then mould the plait into a circle with a hole in the middle on top of a baking tray.
- Using food colouring, dye a raw egg then place the egg in the hole in the middle of each bread.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 220°C (425°F).
- Once baked, lightly coat with simple syrup and coloured sprinkles.