Method Makes 6 portions
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- In a heatproof jug, combine the boiling water and melted butter.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour mix and pour in the contents of the jug, beating quickly with a wooden spoon until you have a smooth, thick batter with no lumps. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- To cook the churros, heat sunflower oil in a large, deep-sided saucepan until it reaches 180°C.
- While the oil is heating, fit a large piping bag with a star shaped nozzle (1 1/2–2cm wide) and fill with the dough.
- Working quickly, pipe 2–3 strips of dough directly into the hot oil, snipping off each strip with a pair of scissors. Fry for about two minutes each side, or until golden brown.
- Toss the cooked churros in the Macphie Sweet Frost®.
- Serve the still-warm churros with the chopped chilli's warmed Macphie Chocolate Sauce for dipping.