- Macphie 5th Avenue® White Icing
- Mincemeat filling
- Shortcrust pastry
- Gold balls
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Roll your shortcrust pastry out.
- Prick the entire pastry sheet.
- Spread mincemeat filling on one side being careful to leave a 1cm gap from the edge.
- Brush the 1 cm strip with a little egg.
- Fold the other side over the top so that both edges meet.
- Using a fork gentle crimp the open long edge on the pastry.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Heat the Macphie 5th Avenue® Sicilian Lemon Icing to around 35°C. To make spreading easier, use a pallet knife to spread onto the cool pastry.
- Sprinkle with candied lemon peel before the icing sets.
- Cut into portions and serve.