Method Makes 6 portions
- Roll out 850g bread dough to a rectangular shape approximately 1cm thick.
- Layer dough with prosciutto, mozzarella, basil & sliced tomatoes.
- Along the longer edge roll the dough over on itself to form a large log with all ingredients enclosed within. Place on an oven-safe serving dish on tray then wrap dough around it. Cut approximately every 2 inches around ¾ of the way through the dough.
- Then leave to prove for 45 minutes.
- Brush with Macphie Plant-based Glaze then sprinkle seeds on top.
- Bake at 210°C for 35 minutes.
To make the Italian pesto sauce: Makes 6 portions
- Heat butter in a pan add garlic and onion, fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the Macphie Béchamel with Butter Sauce and allow to come to a simmer stirring regularly, stir through 3 table spoons of fresh pesto.
- Add a generous amount of grated parmesan cheese.